General Travel Information
2021 will not be a typical summer, as you may have guessed. Our travel to and from camp protocols are designed to keep everyone safe and adhere to American Camp Association best practices. It is strongly preferred that you drop your child off at camp.
You will receive emails updating you on travel information up until camp starts. We also use a text and phone messaging system to alert you of any changes or delays in bus or air travel.
To Camp by Car
- It is our strong preference that you drop your child off at camp this summer. We know it’s a long way and we really appreciate the extra effort this takes for families! Thank you!
- Please arrive between 1:00 – 3:00 PM.
- Drop-off will be in the “Kiss-and-Go” style—parents will stay in the car while our staff unloads your child’s gear.
- If you need to, you may bring your son earlier that day. Please just let us know if you will arrive outside of the allotted time.
- Please make sure you have filled out the transportation form you will have received in an email.
- Camp’s address is 8450 Camp Highlands Rd., Sayner, WI 54560
Returning Home by Car
- Pick-up is Saturday at 9:00 AM.
- Parents will again stay in their cars and their child will be sent up to greet you with their counselor.
To Camp By Van from Chicago
- If you are unable to drop your child off at camp, we must have your van reservation by APRIL 20.
- There are a limited number of seats available for this option.
- A charge of $150 will be added to your account.
- We will rendezvous at 9:15 AM on Sunday morning at the Target Parking lot located at 7000 Mannheim Rd, Rosemont, IL directly across the street from the Allstate Arena.
- Each boy should bring a sack lunch to eat along the way.
- The van cost is $150 and will be added to your statement at the end of camp.
- Your child will be expected to ride the bus safely with our designated staff person and follow all rules and safety expectations.
Returning Home by Bus
- All boys are invited and encouraged to return home by bus on Saturday morning.
- A charge of $150/boy will be added to your account.
- The bus will depart camp no later than 9:30 AM
- The buses will return to the Target parking lot located at 7000 Mannheim Rd, Rosemont, IL directly across the street from the Allstate Arena at approximately 3:45 PM. Thank you for being on time to meet your child.
To and From Camp by Plane
- We will not be able to meet boys from their flights into Chicago O’Hare Airport this year.
- If you are flying into Chicagoland, you must arrange to drop your child off at the Target parking lot at 9:15 AM on Sunday to take the van up to camp.
Airport Pick-ups from Wausau and Rhinelander Only
- You may choose to fly your child in and out of Rhinelander (1 hr. drive) or Central Wisconsin Airports (2 hrs. drive).
- A vaccinated counselor in a Highlands shirt will meet each boy who flies into Rhinelander (RHI) or Central Wisconsin Airport in Wausau/Mosinee (CWA)
- If your son is flying as an unaccompanied minor, use Andy Bachmann as a placeholder name and call or email
camp three days before camp to get the final name of the counselor who will meet your son.
- Please arrange a return departure after 9:00 AM from Rhinelander and after 10:00 AM from Central Wisconsin – it is impossible for us to get your child to the airport before that time.
- We must have a copy of your son’s itinerary and confirmation code.