What is the plan for Summer 2021?
We are 100% focused on making the upcoming summer an awesome experience for your boys. As you all know, we did not convene camp last summer. There were just too many unknowns in the spring when we had to make our decision, coupled with our county health department’s request that we not open. However, many camps did convene, some didn’t go so well (Tennessee and Georgia made big headlines) but many camps did so safely and without incident.
- quarantining staff before children arrive,
- cohorting children while at camp,
- masking/physical distancing when children are not in their cohort,
- testing before kids come to camp,
- a closed campus (i.e. people are not coming and going—once we are in camp, we stay in camp),
- monitoring of children’s temperatures,
- new handwashing stations,
- special protocols if a cohort does end up with someone with covid (i.e. they’ll still have fun!),
- eating outside as much as possible and if not outside, then in shifts, physically distanced
Save Your Spot
Is it too early to consider what your boy’s summer plans are? We don’t think so! (Summer can’t come soon enough if you ask us.) As we coast into the early winter months, our hearts long for the pristine shores of Plum Lake, new friends, disconnecting from our screens, and plugging into nature. Many families have already signed up for 2021—and that’s fantastic—Second Term is nearly full, in fact. If you haven’t saved your spot, now’s a great time to do it.